Friday, March 13, 2009

Why Typography Counts










In my last post, I talked about the importance of writing for the web. Now I will talk about a more visual aspect of writing, which is typography.

Just as we spend time on the colour, layout and other design elements of a web page, the type of font (size, style, colour etc.) is equally important.

There are limitations, of course, as I demonstrated in this blog post. For example, back ground colours and font colours should be carefully chosen to allow maximum legibility.

A blog dedicated to typography called I Love Typography, gives you all the ins and outs about how to make a font, the winning fonts (for 2008), a history of typography, and much more.

I especially recommend the post: On choosing Type.

Browse through this little blog, it has a wealth of information.